We are creating an event in Cambridge, UK next Spring to bring patients together with the engineers and scientists who design drug formulations and drug delivery devices. The insights patients provide help the drug formulators and device developers consider the users’ experience in product development.
Speaking opportunities We offer two ways you can participate in this event:
- Deliver a presentation to an audience in an auditorium. In the morning there is a 20-30 minute presentation with slides about the speaker's experiences managing their disease and injecting medication
- Lead a breakout discussion in the afternoon: small groups of 15-20 scientists and engineers rotate through four 1/2 hour sessions in a mock home environment where the person with Type 2 Diabetes will teach participants how to self-inject using an injection pad and devices filled with saline.
Date: May 6th, 2020 Time: 8:00am to 5:00pm
There will be phone calls to prepare in advance of the event.
- Diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes by a healthcare provider
- Proof of diagnosis will be required to participate
- Over 18 years of age
- You are cool with speaking to an audience and like to teach and inform others about living with Type 2 Diabetes
- You inject yourself with medication for Type 2 diabetes, excluding insulin
- Fluent English speaker, but does not need to be the primary language
- Depending on auditorium presentation or rotation lead, at least 2 conference calls with the sponsor to prepare talk
- Time to study key messages and prepare a presentation (if auditorium talk)
- Travel to Cambridge for the day of the event (reimbursed by sponsor)
- United Kingdom
Receive: $100/hr (USD), including preparation time but excluding travel time.
This Gig not right for you?
Not to worry! We've got more paid opportunities on the way.
Sign up so you are the first to hear!
(Already have an account - then you're all set!)