This study is being done to: (1) develop a simple tool to assess breathing muscle performance; (2) measure the oxygen cost of breathing during exercise; (3) measure the respiratory muscle blood flow requirements of hyperpnea during exercise; and (4) to quantify the energy cost of exercise in relation to disease severity.
- Heart Failure patients with a history of stable idiopathic dilated or ischemic cardiomyopathy (>1 yr, with >/ =1 episode of congestive failure requiring hospitalization)
- New York Heart Association Class II and III symptoms
- No history of dangerous arrhythmia's
- Not pacemaker dependent
- Less than class II obesity (BMI
- No or minimal smoking history (<15 pk years)
**For healthy control subjects**
- No history of cardiovascular related abnormalities (i.e. Hx of shortness of breath, chest discomfort, abnormal rest or exercise ECG)
- Non-obese (BMI 20-32)
- No or minimal smoking history (<15 pk yrs)
- Exercise lab in Rochester, MN
- Summer 2019
This Gig not right for you?
Not to worry! We've got more paid opportunities on the way.
Sign up so you are the first to hear!
(Already have an account - then you're all set!)