The Milken Institute and the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) are conducting a groundbreaking effort to amplify patient voices in research and therapy development for depression and bipolar. This new initiative launches on August 1, 2018 with an anonymous survey, “Supporting Wellness: A survey of lived experience and research priorities for depression and bipolar.”
These organizations have partnered with Savvy Coop to help refine the survey prior to launch. Individuals meeting the requirements below are invited to test the survey
and provide immediate feedback on the survey and their experience taking it. This initiative is the first of its kind in mental health, and it marks a key effort to understand what aspects of wellness and research topics are of highest priority to individuals living with depression and/or bipolar. They are also seeking input from family members, caregivers, loved ones, and others who share an interest in advancing understanding of and treatments for depression and/or bipolar.
The survey was carefully crafted with input from a design group of volunteers with lived experience and an expert advisory committee including representatives of organizations serving the mental health community. This testing process will help identify final refinements to the survey and the experience before it is widely distributed by a large number of organizations through traditional and social media channels. Survey findings will be presented at the Milken Institute Future of Health Meeting in October and DBSA’s externally led Patient Focused Drug Development meeting in November. Results will also be shared with research funders, philanthropists who have an interest in mental health, and federal agencies including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Please raise your hand and help us make this survey as strong as it can be! (Note: Don’t worry if you miss this chance – the final survey itself will be available after August 1 as a gig too!)
Exclusive to this test phase gig, individuals who complete the survey and feedback form may volunteer an email address to be entered in an “appreciation drawing” for a $75 Amazon gift card. (Survey answers are not linked to the feedback form and therefore will not be identifiable for purposes of the appreciation prize drawing.)
- Individuals living with depression and/or the following symptoms: prolonged sadness, low mood and/or energy, anger, worthlessness, guilt, and/or indecision that interferes (or has interfered) with her/his life and pursuit of interests, relationships, and/or goals.
- Individuals living bipolar and/or the following symptoms: heightened mood, exaggerated optimism, restlessness, racing thoughts and speech, impulsive behavior, excessive irritability and aggression, and/or decreased need for sleep without fatigue that interferes (or has interfered) with her/his life and pursuit of interests, relationships, and/or goals.
- Family members, caregivers, loved ones of people living with depression and/or bipolar,
- Anyone who shares an interest in advancing understanding of and treatments for depression and/or bipolar.
- Survey plus survey experience feedback form
- 20-25 minutes (total)
- From Home
Receive: Opportunity to contribute to research and treatment options that align with priorities of those with lived experience PLUS a chance to win a $75 Amazon gift card.
This Gig not right for you?
Not to worry! We've got more paid opportunities on the way.
Sign up so you are the first to hear!
(Already have an account - then you're all set!)